Sunday, June 30, 2013

Resting in Natchez with the Landers family ...

Last time I posted Mitts and I were at the Natchez library looking up places to stay the night turns out the IT guy Patrick who was helping me upload some photos ended up letting us camp out at his place. We ended up staying with him and his family for two nights including my birthday. This was a much needed rest for my bum and a good opportunity for us to get our supplies organised for the Natchez trace camping portion of our trip which will commence today.

As well as organisational stuff we were taken on a tour by Patrick and his wife Allyson to see some beautiful antebellum homes and learn some history of the area. We were also lucky enough to be treated to a birthday BBQ and a backyard fire for my birthday night.

Natchez was meant to be just a supplies stop but it ended up being so much more thanks to the generosity of Patrick and his family. Thank you all for welcoming us into your home and making us feel like part of the family.









4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. Glad you had somewhere to celebrate our birthday and even had a cupcake. Keep on trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow fantadtic! Thankyou to them You are truly being loved on eh in your travels brings tears to my eyes :) of joy So hapoy for you xxooo love you heaps Mom / Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correcting above words in my sentences where on phone, I hit wrong key letters in words - Fantastic! and Happy :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy and Anna,
    It was a wonderful experience in sharing my family and my home with ya'll. We are blessed and we enjoy sharing these blessings. From my family we wish you a wonderful and safe journey. May you return to enjoy our company again.

    Patrick Landers & Family

    ReplyDelete